Next Steps – Going Forward
Thank you so much for joining me for these seven days. I hope that you’ve been able to incorporate at least some of these practices into your life, because a positive mindset is truly essential for a healthy brain!
While eliminating all the negativity in your life is a rather lofty goal, you can certainly identify a few that you can shed. Taking some time to reflect on the things that cause you the most stress and coming up with a plan to solve or get rid of them is a worthwhile exercise. We’ve covered many of them in this short course, and by embracing them as part of your brain-healthy lifestyle, you’ve taken an important First Step toward a healthier brain, a better memory and a more vibrant future. But don’t stop now!
Try to incorporate at least some these practices into your everyday life – every day!
- Gratitude Journaling – just write out what you’re grateful for. Even if it’s just one thing a day!
- Meditate – it can be as simple as a body scan or Five Senses exercise for 10 to 15 minutes
- Walking or some other form of exercise (at least 30 minutes 5 days a week)
- Focus on one task at a time – mindfully do that one thing
- Humming or singing – you can do this any time (more about that in The Musical Brain)
- Eating mindfully – sometimes I have to make a real effort, because it’s tempting to think of or do other things while eating, but at least once every day.
- Learning something new for 20 minutes or so
- Mindfully listen to at least one piece of music each day. Really get into it!
You’ll be amazed at how helpful it is for your mind AND your overall health when your stress and anxiety levels are lowered to make these a part of your life.
But this is just the beginning! Now is the time to take the next steps to continue the momentum you’ve built up over this week!
If you are having memory issues or, even with the mindset reset you are struggling with stress or brain fog or trouble concentrating, join me for Tune Up Your Brain. The steps in this program will help you learn more efficiently, be able to retain what you learn, and improve your overall memory. The next iteration of this group program begins May 9, 2022. Hope to see you there!
Remember – it’s NEVER too early to protect your brain, but it CAN become too late!